Styrian Business Promotion Agency - SFG
The Styrian Business Promotion Agency, SFG, is a service provider, which aims to contribute to the consolidation and growth of the Styrian economy. As a 100 % subsidiary of the Styrian Government, SFG operates all business support tasks for its owner. This is the provision of monetary support with a broad range of grant and financing programs, as well as tasks like raising and steering clusters and networks, technology parks, technology transfer, and the consulting of foreign investors.
Investors Service Department helps on the following tasks:
- information support about general and economic conditions in Austria and Styria
- organization of fact finding missions
- information and consultancy about own financial support programs as well as programs of third partys
- support in the site selection
- finding partners and service providers
- integrating in existing clusters, networks and centers of competence
- help on official channels
- attendance during the whole process of a new business establishment
- help for expatriates
There is no better place than Styria for innovative companies in search of the best location. No other region of Austria can compete with the number of innovative products and services Styria brings to the market. With a research and development rate of 4.7 %, Styria has long exceeded the goal set by the European Union for this field for 2010. This is thanks to Styria's excellent research and education facilities, well-organised networks and clusters and, last but not least, outstanding people, who display a thirst for knowledge, perseverance and entrepreneurial spirit.
Furthermore the SFG is part of the Enterprise Europe Network, the European Commissionís SME support network for technology transfer and business cooperation.